What Our Participants Say About The Wellbeing Challenge
Some things parents have said about their experiences:
- I just think this course has been the best thing that’s ever happened to us as a family. We've ended up with so many friends and we know we aren't alone. We have got people to turn to and it’s given us so much confidence in ourselves as well. It’s just made us better people as well.
- The course has made me realise that it’s OK to need help sometimes and also I am not alone.
- Everything was really, really scary to me. But it was absolutely amazing. Everything was a challenge.
- I just realised maybes we weren't spending enough time together. Whereas now I’ll make time and we’ll go out to places and do things. We’re closer together now.
- The kids will give things a try now instead of saying ‘I can’t do it’. They’ll try their hardest now and then they’ll come and ask for help instead of just giving up.
- Mornings and that used to be hell in our house. It was just chaos all the time, and now it’s not chaos any more. It’s calm.
- I have learnt not to be ashamed if I can’t read or spell properly
- We keep thinking of the positives now rather than the negatives. I've even started making my sister do it.
- Loads came out of the course. I enjoyed it. Well I really didn't think I’d go in and come out a better person from it. I thought it would just be a trip to Thurston, we’d meet other people and have a laugh and that. But it’s like I've got proper quality friends out of it and things have changed in my life.